Binding Affinity Measurement
Binding affinity measurement is an important test item related to proteolysis targeting chimera (Protac®) technology. As a professional technical service company in the field of drug discovery and research, BOC Sciences provides outsourcing services for binding affinity testing. Our technical team has many years of experience in binding affinity measurement to ensure the accuracy and repeatability of the test.
Binding affinity refers to the strength of interaction between a single biomolecule and its binding molecule / ligand, such as the strength of the interaction between the Protac® ligand and the target protein or E3 ubiquitin ligase. The detection and analysis of the binding affinity help to further understand the Protac® technology. In addition, Protac® technology may also involve the interaction between other proteins and the interaction between drugs and proteins. Moreover, the detection of binding affinity is conducive to the identification and screening of Protac® compounds or E3 ubiquitin ligases with stronger specificity. Therefore, in order to further optimize the Protac® technology, it is often necessary to carry out binding affinity assay in the development of Protac® technology.
Below is a list of our Binding Affinity Measurement Services (include but not limited to the following):
- Primary Screening of Binding Affinity
Protac® technology involves the screening of ligands and E3 ubiquitin ligase. When the number of samples to be tested is large, several groups with better affinity need to be quickly screened in advance. Our technical team has many years of experience in binding affinity analysis, and can quickly find 4-5 groups with better affinity from more than ten groups of samples to shorten the research cycle of the customer.
- Binding Affinity Measurement
The development and application of Protac® technology involve the interaction between multiple proteins, which require quantitative analysis. BOC Sciences has a variety of first-class technical platforms for the measurement and analysis of binding affinity between these proteins. Our service can not only meet the needs of general binding affinity measurement, but also meet the needs of real-time monitoring.
Our Technology Platforms for Binding Affinity Measurement Services (include but not limited to the following):
- Quantitative Measurement of Binding Affinity
BOC Sciences provides surface plasmon resonance (SPR) and BioLayer Interferometry (BLI) technology platforms for quantitative determination of binding affinity. Between them, SPR uses surface plasmon resonance to monitor the interaction between the ligand and the analyte on the biosensor chip, and can be used to analyze the interaction between proteins and proteins in real time. BLI is an optical analysis technique that can be used to measure biomolecular interactions. Both SPR and BLI have the advantages of label-free detection, high detection efficiency and real-time monitoring.
- Qualitative Analysis of Binding Affinity
The Protac® technical service provided by BOC Sciences strives to meet the needs of different customers. Customers who only need to perform qualitative analysis of binding affinity can choose other technical platforms we owned, such as pull-down assay.
- Meet the needs of different customers for binding affinity analysis (quantitative measurement or qualitative analysis)
- Provide detailed reports for quantitative analysis results (Affinity reports provided include dissociation constant, binding constant, while delivering real raw data and complete experimental reports)
- Provide real-time detection platform for binding affinity
- Provide quantitative measurement services with higher sensitivity and lower sample consumption
- Experienced scientific team provides technical assistance to customers
- Short turn-around time and competitive price
Workflow of Binding Affinity Measurement Service
- Gromiha, M.; et al. Protein–protein interactions: scoring schemes and binding affinity. Current Opinion in Structural Biology. 2017, 44: 31-38.
* PROTAC® is a registered trademark of Arvinas Operations, Inc., and is used under license.